Wednesday 10 April 2013

You've got to fight for your right to MARRY?

"I really believe that this is the civil rights crusade of our time," Marta Taylor, USA Today Interview

Heather Davidson, left, and Julie Berger hold flags as they wait in line outside the Supreme Court,

As the year progresses there have been more and more protest for and against the legalisation of gay marriage. I truly believe this year will be one of great change in regards to gender and sexuality and because of this I have chosen to do androgyny as one of my trend and styling boards. 

I am passionate about the issue and this androgyny is such a strong and empowering look for both men and women so it will definitely be exciting developing my ideas further and seeing where it takes me. 


Here are a few images I've been looking at, at the moment that are inspiring me.


Wee Khim for Style Singapore

Wee Khim for Style Singapore

Wee Khim for Style Singapore





I love the rock and roll edge to these pictures and definitely want to bring that raw feeling of attitude to my work. 

Saskia de Brauw by Jan Welters for Antidote

Saskia de Brauw by Jan Welters for Antidote

Saskia de Brauw by Jan Welters for Antidote


---


Purple SS 2013

Purple SS 2013

Purple SS 2013

Purple SS 2013





I much prefer these images as they're so bright and colourful which goes against the cliché of androgynous themes having to be shot in a cold black and white filter. 

I want to incorporate lots of vibrant colour into my trend and as I'm going for an 80's rockstar theme that should fit perfectly. 


Glamour France 'Jean Parade'

Glamour France 'Jean Parade'

Glamour France 'Jean Parade'


No comments:

Post a Comment