Wednesday 1 May 2013

Androgyny Styling Board



This is my final styling board for Androgyny.


I do like the board and as you can see I was influenced by one of the boards I blogged about before for the style. I think it could have been developed further and the pictures could have been edited so the lighting was the same throughout.

I feel I targeted key elements of the trend with the styling. Leather was the main component in each outfit and I think it gives a tough edge to the otherwise slightly feminine outfits.

Body language was very important to me and the poses Naomi did for the shoot definitely portray attitude and power.

As discussed I used a freehand typography which gives the board a retro feel, like its been written in an old diary.

The neon brights in the colour palette are displayed in the accessories and in beauty, with her nails.

Hair and make up didn't go exactly as planned. The colours should have been more vibrant but I edited one of the images in Photoshop to show what the desired look was. A very extreme 80's look.

The target market for this trend would most likely be late 20's to late 30's women who are confident and comfortable in their own bodies enough to dress like a man if they want to. The era would also speak to them because it would remind them of their youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment