Wednesday 1 May 2013

My Exotic Print Trend Board

This is my finalised Exotic Print Trend Board.


I started off with far too many images on the page and didn't feel happy with my work so scrapped it and started again.

I took inspiration from one of the boards I'd looked at earlier and decided to use the cutout backgrounds behind the models to add accent colours to the board and highlight certain looks.

I feel the board reads well and is a clear creative representation of the Exotic Print trend.

The art piece in the background contains all the key colours for the trend so I made sure to sample colours from there when creating backgrounds for the images so it made sense visually.

I feel I have incorporated every aspect of the trend I was hoping to hit on apart from nails which I suppose is okay because they key colours and patterns are shown so that can easily be translated into nail art as seen in the nail blogs I've been following.

In terms of print I have examples of print with South American influence, African and a digital kaleidoscopic look. Frida Kahlo and the carnival dancer are to show the cultural aspects that are related to this trend.

Headwear is a key feature in this trend so I made sure to include an image of a headscarf and an image where Frida is donning flowers in her braids.

I had a lot of fun creating this board in Photoshop. I didn't think I was capable of producing something like this as I'm not the most confident when it comes to anything Mac related so I'm very pleased with the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment