Wednesday 1 May 2013

My Androgyny Trend Board



This is my final trend board for Androgyny.


I tried a few ways of laying it out but I realised minimalism wouldn't really get the message through of why this is a relevant trend in 2014.

I've set the colour palette as neon, shown by the art pieces and interior designs in the board.

I feel that I have covered every aspect of the trend with the images I provided. There is a protest sign displaying the turbulence we've had in 2013 with gay marriage protests. Pussy Riot images to show the anti-establishment culture that is rising up fighting against the rules of society.


I like that I've stayed true to my idea and not had any black and white images on the board, I edited the colouring of the ones that were originally black and white in Photoshop to give more of a life like feel to the otherwise cold images.

Grace Jones, Tilda Swinton, David Bowie and Omahyra Mota are all androgynous icons so it was important to include them in the board.

Overall I am satisfied with the board but I worry that it wont translate clearly to someone who didnt already know the board name especially because I didnt use any text.

No comments:

Post a Comment